Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Slow Down Your Moving Too Fast

Here are several quotes from a book I began to read today by Carl Honore called In Praise of Slowness. These quotes are important to consider because it is easy to assume that the pace at which we currently live our lives is the pace at which we should and may live our lives.

"When we rush, we skim the surface, and fail to make real connections with the world and other people."

"We have forgotten how to look forward to things, and how to enjoy the moment when they arrive."

"Instead of thinking deeply, or letting any idea simmer in the back of the mind, our instinct now is to reach for the nearest sound bite."

"Anyone or anything that steps in our way, that slows us down, that stops us from getting exactly what we want when we want it, becomes the enemy."

2 comments:

Naomi and Jay said...

There is so much truth to these statements. I guess the most common one is Stop and smell the roses. We get so caught up in the hussel and bussle of life that we forget to take the time to enjoy the moment, or in some cases the blessings God is sending our way, or to be a blessing to someone else. We talked about this very issue in SS last Sunday. Thanks for the reminder. I pray I will be more in tune with my Maker and enjoy the little things He sends my way! I love you much! A. Naomi

Naomi and Jay said...

OOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSS, I forgot to do spell check. It should be: hustle and bustle Sorry!