Thursday, July 24, 2008

Crohn's Disease

I recently found out that my friend has been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. She is 26 and I have always known her to be full of energy and always on the go (despite the fact that, or maybe because, she has two beautiful, energy-filled kids) which makes it hard to think of her sitting at home, tired and in pain, although she has a high tolerance for it. My pastor's wife has had the same disease for many years...Ashlie has been unbelievably strong through it all and I believe she gets her strength from YHWH. I pray and hope Christy will try to find her strength from the same source.

"Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve your sick servants, and give your power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that those for whom our prayers are offered may be strengthened in their weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever."
(Book of Common Prayer)